I’ve been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by James @ This is my truth now. Thank you so much, James! There’s a bunch of interesting posts on his blog and it’s worth the follow, please, do check out his page by clicking on the aforementioned link. Now, on to the award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 10 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Okay, so I’ve been interested in writing for quite some time now. I just didn’t know where to start, a friend recommended that I should try my hand at blogging. As for the bookish content, I have absolutely no friends who like reading (fml). I had so much to say about the books that I was reading and no one to say it to. I started watching Booktube and I wanted to do that myself, except I’m way too awkward to film myself and all of that. And then I came up with bookish endeavors! I have been loving it so far!!
Advice for new bloggers:
I only started out almost 4 months ago so I’m not a pro or anything and I’m still fairly new here — a fetus blogger (Is fetus blogger a term? Can we make it a thing here?). With that being said, I have learnt some stuff that would come in handy for new bloggers:
- Tags! Always, always add relevant tags to your posts! When I started out, I would always search book blogs by adding tags in the search bar. This is how people will find your blog and most importantly, it would be of the audience that wants to read the type of core content you’re posting. For example, if you have a photography blog & one of your tags is #DSLR, chances are, that the person searching that tag is already interested in the things you will post.
- Take part in tags/awards etc. I only started doing this recently, but this has really helped me get to know bloggers and vice-versa. Don’t be discouraged if you’ve not been nominated by anyone, feel free to do one because you feel like it. Don’t worry, WordPress police will not arrest you! 😛
- Anjum @ Anjusworldblog
- Suzy Approved Book Reviews
- Accidental Learnings
- Big City Book Worm
- Dee’s Rad Reads and Reviews
- CNC Books Blog
- Des’ Random Thoughts
- The Pakistani Girls Guide
- The Scribbler
- Sumit @ SumitOfficial
As always, feel free to nominate yourself if you wish to do so!